Monday, December 20, 2010

One sleep to go!

And seeing as its 2.30am, obviously not much sleeping going on!

I fly out at 10am tomorrow morning, I am mostly packed and sorted, but the weather has decided to pack a sad and flights into Frankfurt have been cancelled for the last couple of days. Thanks snow, really thanks, way to wait until I've paid megabucks to fly over for Christmas to close everything down. I'm sure Christmas in Singapore Airport will be just as good.

I feel as though this trip has been too easy to organise in the end, surely there is something huge I have forgotten to do! Maybe just because I am comparing it to travelling to third world countries, or a ship in the middle of the ocean, places with no internet or easy banking? My travel agent is awesome, if anyone is looking to head overseas soon I fully recommend Graham at STA Coutenay Place, I can't believe how far above and beyond he has gone! My stress levels have plummeted as soon as I finished work on Friday as well, I suddenly feel so much healthier and better about life.

It's quite a surreal feeling actually to be leaving, after two years of planning. It still doesn't seem real, I haven't said goodbye to most people and I haven't really got my head around it, although I am finally realising that I get to see Hauke, my German best friend in (hopefully!) a couple of days! I've had a few glasses of wine so I am starting to get quite nostalgic and should really be asleep! Last post before I actually get somewhere interesting I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment